The National Collective of Community Based Women’s Networks (NCCWN) are recruiting a full-time Coordinator for Waterford Women’s Centre (35 hours per week). The Coordinator will work in partnership with the Board of Waterford Women’s Centre (Access 2000 CLG).
This is an opportunity to lead the team working in this long-established feminist community development project that supports women’s equality.
Employed by the NCCWN Board of Management, the Coordinator is responsible for the day to day running, management and development of Waterford Women’s Centre & Childcare Service, in partnership with the Waterford Women’s Centre (ACCESS 2000 CLG) and will implement the aims, objectives and agreed areas of work outlined in the Strategic Plan in line with NCCWN National Work Plans.
The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant third level qualification or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of in community development coordination which includes working with women’s groups and related issues.
- An understanding of grassroots feminism
- The ability to use a community development approach, be a reflective practitioner and to operate from feminist principles
- Excellent communication, coordination and report writing skills
- The ability to motivate people and relate to diverse groups and individuals including conflict management
- The ability to maintain the ethos of the NCCWN and the Waterford Women’s Centre across staff, participants, Boards of Management
- Own transport essential.
For further information and application form please contact: NCCWN National Coordinator Miriam Holt:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 085 1312983
Applications must be made by application form only and emailed to Miriam Holt
Closing Date for applications 12 noon on Friday 4th February. Shortlisting may apply.
This post is subject to funding (Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth)
NCCWN is an Equal Opportunities Employer